Jennifer Phillips is a senior associate primarily in the firm’s labor and employment department. She has been a lawyer for 20 years and has worked for both large and small firms. She has extensive experience in all manner of employment issues including wage and hour, discrimination, reasonable accommodation, leaves of absence, and implementing state and federal regulations. She often analyzes legal risks associated with hiring, disciplining and firing in order to counsel clients with these employment decisions. Although counseling is the key to DP&F’s employment practice, Jennifer is a trained and experienced litigator who protects her clients’ interests when litigation becomes necessary.
As an employment lawyer Jennifer recognizes the importance human resources plays in every business. Because of this she obtained her certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources from the HR Certification Institute. This in depth understanding of human resources enhances her ability to counsel her clients in all areas of employment law.
Jennifer also provides services to the firm’s real estate practice. Jennifer has been a real estate broker since 2003 and was an active agent in Sonoma County for many years. Her comprehensive understanding of the real estate market and knowledge of related laws have made her a valuable resource in providing clients guidance with short sale and foreclosure issues.
Jennifer is a world traveler and native Californian. She enjoys all that Sonoma County has to offer and resides in Santa Rosa with her husband and two young children.
- J.D., cum laude, University of San Francisco School of Law (1994)
- Trinity College, Dublin Ireland, law school exchange (1992)
- B.S., California State University, Chico (1989)
- PASCO Labor Law Update, September 17, 2015
- Presenter, “Employee Handbook Workshop,” Malloy Imrie & Vasconi Insurance Services, LLC, April 22, 2015 Download Article
- Presenter, “New Heat Illness Regulation, New Sick Leave Mandate, New Responsibility and Liability for Hiring Contractors: Are you Ready for 2015,” Farm Employers Labor Service, April 6, 2015 Download Article
- Presenter, “Mandatory Paid Leave: Understanding & Complying With California’s Groundbreaking Sick Leave Law,” PASCO, February 19, 2015 Download Article
- Keynote Speaker, 2014 Sonoma County EAC Annual Employment and Labor Law Update, October 1, 2014 Download Article
- PASCO Labor Law Update, January 16, 2014
- PASCO Labor Law Update, November 21, 2013
- Sonoma County EAC – 2013 Annual Employment & Labor Law Update,
October 2, 2013
- PASCO Labor Law Update, September 26, 2013
- PASCO Labor Law Update, August 22, 2013
- PASCO Labor Law Update, June 27, 2013
- PASCO Labor Law Update, April 25, 2013
- PASCO, “Preventing FMLA Nightmares,” February 28, 2013
- 2012 Sonoma County EAC Annual Employment & Labor Law Update, October 3, 2012
- PASCO Labor Law Update, September 20, 2012
- PASCO Labor Law Update, August 9, 2012
- Sonoma County EAC – 2011 Annual Employment & Labor Law Update – Speaker October 5, 2011