DP&F represents a wide range of private entities on land use matters associated with property acquisition, sale, leasing, development, permitting, and regulatory compliance. Since the Firm’s inception, we have been the “go to” land use counsel for Napa Valley’s wine industry. Our many years of experience in wine country gives us a unique perspective and understanding of the politics, issues and effective legal and permitting strategies that enable our clients to accomplish their business objectives. DP&F’s experience is wide ranging and includes the following:
- Property acquisition/lease due diligence and counsel regarding land use restrictions and regulatory issues.
- Strategic advice on winery use permits, vineyard erosion control plans and timber conversions.
- Proactively identifying environmental permitting and regulatory compliance strategies for wetlands, endangered species, and water quality permits.
- Advise on California Environmental Quality Act compliance.
- Strategic water rights advice and counsel regarding appropriative, riparian and groundwater rights.
- Counsel of parcel maps, tentative maps, lot line adjustments, certificates of compliance, certificates of nonconforming uses, and zoning variances.
- Drafting of easements, licenses, and development-related documents.
- Counsel on and preparation of commercial condominium development plans, maps, and CC&R’s.
Syar Lake Herman Quarry Use Permit and Reclamation Plan
Syar Napa Quarry Use Permit and Reclamation Plan
J. Lohr Paso Robles Groundwater Basin Urgency Ordinance and Vested Rights
Hall Walt Ranch Vineyard Erosion Control Plan
Niebaum Coppola Estate Winery Use Permit Modification and Variance
Davis Estates Winery Use Permit Modification
Hall Anderson Creek Vineyard Appropriative and Riparian Water Rights
Bell Wine Cellars Winery Use Permit Modification
Reverie on Diamond Mountain Winery Use Permit Modification
The Shops at Napa Center Commercial Condominium Development
Greenwood Business Center warehouse development land use and environmental compliance counsel
Opus One Winery Use Permit Modification
Our Land Use clients include:
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars/St. Michelle
- Davis Family Estates
- Hotel Yountville
- Zapolski Real Estate
- Reverie at Diamond Mountain
- Hall Wines, LLC
- Jackson Family Enterprises, Inc.
- Beaulieu Vineyards
- Bell Wine Cellars
- Tom Futo
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines