Tom is a Director in the firm’s Land Use department with 15 years of experience providing legal counsel as both in-house and outside counsel to a wide range of clients. Tom’s practice focuses on collaborating with and advising his clients on permitting and regulatory compliance strategies to meet the clients’ business objectives.
During this time Tom has provided legal advice on a wide range of projects and subject matter but has more recently focused on many of the most contemporary environmental issues facing the wine industry, including timber and forest land conversions, climate change, water rights / in-stream flows, groundwater and water quality. His practice also includes winery use permits, vineyard erosion control plans, wetland permitting, and lake and streambed alteration agreements, CEQA, as well as, easements, lot line adjustments, winery audits and other land use matters.
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- B.A., California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Member of the Environmental Section of the State Bar of California;
- Board Member of Napa County Landmarks, and serves on the Land Trust of Napa County Project Committee;
- Tom has taught numerous NEPA, CEQA, and Permit Streamlining classes for UC Davis Extension, and
- Currently presented at CEB’s Wine Law Forum and the Wine Industry Forum.