Melissa Culp Granillo
Melissa Culp Granillo joined DP&F after fourteen years of litigation, fiercely defending governmental entities, in both state and federal courts. Melissa’s litigation experience spans a wide range, including general torts, premises liability, civil rights, police liability, real estate law, insurance law, ADA claims and employment matters. Melissa’s experience with these matters includes pre-trial, trial and appellate practice before both the California Courts of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Melissa has achieved a great deal of success in advocating and obtaining favorable law and motion rulings and final judgments, including jury verdict, on behalf of her clients. In addition to trial and appellate practice, Melissa has extensive experience mediating and negotiating settlements.
Melissa now resides in Napa where she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children and being involved in their many extracurricular activities and church functions.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. 2004)
- Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University (J.D. 2009, Cum Laude, Order of the Coif)
- Order of the Coif.
- Sayre MacNeil Scholar of the Year (2008-2009).
- Recipient, Ahmanson Foundation Scholarship (2008-2009).
- St. Thomas More Honor Society (2008-2009).
- Dean’s Honor List (2006-2009).
- Chief Research Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, Volume 29.
- California State Bar Association
- Supreme Court of the State of California
- United States Court of Appeal for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Souther District of California
- The Order of the Coif, Loyola Law School Chapter