Annual “Best Practices in Winery Operations” Seminar (March 27-28, 2014)
Dickenson Peatman & Fogarty attorneys will be featured speakers during the upcoming “8th Annual Best Practices in Winery Operations: Risks and Rewards” to be held on March 27 & 28, 2014 in Napa. The seminar (which offers California CLE Credits) will cover the following:
- Legal and Regulatory Update
- County Audits and Compliance with Land Use Regulations Lessons Learned while Creating the Largest High-end Vineyard Development Portfolio
- Hot Topics in Land Use Law
- Marketing and Selling Wine Online: Opportunities and Speed Bumps
- Franchise Laws: Knocking Down Trade Barriers
- Building Brand Equity in the Global Marketplace
- Trademark Licensing: Being a “Wine Brand” without being a “Winery”
- Wineries in a Growth Mode – Human Resources
- Trends in Vineyard and Winery Acquisitions
- Passing the Torch: Family Business Transition Planning
- Bias in the Legal Profession and the Wine Industry
James W. Terry Director at Dickenson Peatman & Fogarty (DP&F) is the program co-chair and will introduce the session. Richard P. Mendelson Of Counsel at DP&F will give a special presentation “Legal and Regulatory Update: What is the Next Battleground?”
In addition, Tom Adams, Director at DP&F will present on lessons learned while creating the largest high-end vineyard development portfolio. Gregory J. Walsh, Director at DP&F will cover human resource issues such as how to secure talented people and keep them. Finally, Katja Loeffelholz, a registered attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and Of Counsel at DP&F, will moderate a panel discussing bias in the legal profession and wine industry.
The seminar will be held March 27 & 28 from 9:00 am to 5:15pm at the Napa River Inn. For more information and online registration, please follow this link or contact The Seminar Group at [email protected].